fab four

fab four

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Leaking faucet?




Well the other day I just mentioned to Brock that maybe the kitchen sink is leaking. After I said that I found myself at Lowes. As we walked down the ailse of Lowes ,pluming supplies kept piling in our cart. I then was asked "Don't you think that we should get a new sink while were here. My new found cheap skate attitude set in and I said, "no we can't afford it." After about a couple more times of going down the faucet and kitchen sink ailse my sweet husband asked me for the fourth of fifth time , "Don't you think that we should get a new kitchen sink." The thing is Brock knows how to work the system with me. He can get any thing out of me. examples being a new jeep Wrangler (which was a bad purchase we got rid of the thing a year later), brand new snowboarding gear,and pretty much any tool that he think he needs. But the thing is he is just so sweet about it. Truley underneath my new found cheap skate side I really want it to. So we get home and Brock puts in our new sink and faucet. It looks great , after it was all in I really knew why Brock wanted a new sink. He knows how much I live in my kitchen and he wanted to make it extra special for me. He really truly means well. But, I really need to start living my penny pinching ways.



5 comments:

Dwane Zelinsky said...

Well, sinks do last a long time if maintained well. Chemicals and leftover food can do damage to sinks so don't let them sit there for a long time. If the sink looks dirty, it could be unhygienic and needs to be replaced with a new one.

Jasmin Shakespeare said...

Hmm, there's one simple way to clean or disinfect the sink though. You can use heated water to clean it. You can regularly maintain it without any mess at all. Plus, a person has to discipline himself while using it!

Darcy Wallingford said...

Aww! I think it’s sweet that your husband cares about the kitchen that you love so much. Although buying a new sink cost you a bit, I’m sure, with proper care, it’ll last for years. And since Brock seems to know his way around the pipes, you don’t have to worry about leaks anymore. =)

Darryl Iorio said...

If I were your husband, I would have replaced the old sink with a new one without even telling you. Well, just to surprise you a little bit. :) But I am not your husband, I guess, your husband knows you well. Heehee. So, did your husband completely replaced it with a new one?

Unknown said...

Having a new sink is a much better idea rather than having it fixed over and over again. With all the kitchen sinks available in the market, I’m sure you can find one that will fit your budget. You should invest on a new sink and put an end to your dilemma.

-Althea Tumlin