fab four

fab four

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers day

This has been a long and awaited event for me. Brock spent all day Saturday getting this day ready and perfect for me. He built me a porch swing, got flowers, and a pair of really nice earrings. Brock felt bad today because he was so sick and couldn't get out of bed to go to church. But that's OK because I got to hold a play with Daegen all through church. 

Here  is a pic of the porch swing I didn't get any pics on mothers day because Brock was sick it was a really uneventful day.





if you want to read this long and boring post its mostly for Daegen and my posterity and those that care about my journey of becoming a mom. And some pics of me being a mom. then your welcome to scroll down>>>>>
 

...................................................

.................................
........................
....................
..............
...........
.......
...
.











When I used to think of mothers day I used to think of little kids giving there moms noodle necklaces and clay pots with flowers and maybe a hand print or two on bright colored paper. But not any more. When I think of mothers day I think of sweet spirits gracing our presents from above and gods gift to us of raising such choice spirits. 
Last year on Mothers Day we had the opportunity of doing IVF in Reno,NV. I thought It couldn't get any better than this I have 28 little embryo's waiting to grow and develop, and I felt bad that there were  so many and that I could only choose just 2 or 3 to be put in their new little "womb home" that I have spent years making a healthy environment for.
  Mothers day I was so happy to be away from  my normal environment and I was so happy I didn't have to dodge the potted flower that the youth hand out at church. Later on that day, Brock and I drove to Lake Tahoe and had a picnic and we felt the little embryo spirits with us the whole day. We were so excited for what was hopefully in store for us. 
But as the story goes it did not work the way we had planned it.  BUT,We were also in the process of adoption as we went through that second procedure of IVF.  We actually got our approval letter in the mail on my birthday (July 24) that we were approved through the state to adopt. And a couple weeks into August we finally got online so birth mothers could find us. On the first of November which was a Saturday, Brock and I were driving home from SLC and he said I don't think adoption works. But in those couple months we were waiting we had a couple birth moms contacts us, but they were going to place with in their family or keep their baby. So that Monday I went on line to the adoption web site to look at all the new couples that are waiting and to see the ones that were gone. We were one of the ones that were gone. I didn't think anything of it and I was mad because I thought the agency lost all our stuff it was deleted. So I called up the agency and it took them all day to call me back and they said we had a firm hold on our name. I wasn't familiar with the adoption talk to I thought oh no they found out I got taken to the police station in Italy!!! But that was not the case. The case worker said there is a girl at the Sandy,UT agency that is due in 2008 and is very interested in your family. But she said don't get your hopes up because she just came in a week ago and her case worker isn't sure. So the next day came and we found out she was having a boy  I already new that (When they case worker said that we were chosen I just felt it was a boy) and she had a dream that she would like to share with us. So we met on the 7th of November. We were so nervous its just an awkward thing meeting a birth mother because its not one of those things that is really talked about and I heard that most of them are all different anyways.  
I thought when we met her I would just start crying I was so filled with joy, but it wasn't like that. She was so cute I couldn't even tell she was pregnant she was so tiny. we were wearing the same shoes and she was very comfortable to talk too, Brock even said we had the same mannerisms.
  In that meeting she told us her dream and how her Dad (whom has passed away) came to her in a dream and kept talking about this couple named Brock and Amy, and how she needed to remember those names. I believe this was before she thought about adoption and then after the second or third time having this dream she went online to see if there was a couple really named Brock and Amy and there we were. 
Daegen was born December 2 and he was the sweetest little baby boy you could ever imagine. He was defiantly straight from heaven. Brock took on the role of a Father Flawlessly.  I felt love all around. I fell in love with that little boy right away. I felt love for meg and her family and only wished the best for them I felt I had become a sister to them. I loved the nurses that were extremely nice to meg. The nurses that were so genuinely happy for us and opened there life stories with us. 
There are a lot more details of this story that are dear to my heart but, I'm only telling you my journey from the  past year of becoming a mother because through that one year there was a lot of growing up and it built me up to be the mother I need to be to my children.
Through this quest of becoming a mother I'm so glad I was able to share it with Daegens beautiful, strong, independent, selfless, kind hearted, and Christ like birth mother. We are better people because we have met her. 
So this mothers day I got to hold my baby and look at him smile at me over and over again all day long. and I know that those smiles were sent down from heaven above. And Yes, I will love it one day when I do get a macaroni necklace from Daegen. But all I need is to look at Daegen and I remember the little  miracle that he is. I like to think he was probably one of those little spirits that we felt floating around us last mothers day, but my mortal imperfect body couldn't give him a body. So he was sent down through a selfless birth mother. 

We love you Megan

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

thanks for sharing this amy. this is a beautiful post, somehow I missed it before. Megan is a self-less woman with a heart of Gold. You are wonderful mother. Daegen is so lucky!

Sherrie C said...

Dear Amy,
Thank you for sharing your sweet story and journey to motherhood. I was so touched by it and I had to write and let you know that I know that Deagen is your son. I know that Megan is part of Heavenly Father's plan. There is no real way to tell someone how miracles happen, you have to experience them as you and Brock have. I want you to know that many prayers were sent to heaven for your son, from people you may never meet. I hope I am not one of them, I hope I will get to meet you and Brock one day, I have already met Deagen and would love to see him again.
Please keep sharing your thoughts, you have no idea how many others you may be teaching by your words and examples.
I'm sure you are planning a trip to the temple soon with your lil'man and I hope to catch a glimpse of those photos on your blog.
with love from,
Sherrie