fab four

fab four

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy birthday sweet boy. #1





My boy, my daegy buns, my love bug. 12 months today. Oh how you've grown, I almost said changed, but it's not that you've changed really. You are simply turning into the you that was always there. and i love that. You are A child of God, someone so special. I love knowing the you, that unfolds every day. From the moment you were born, others told us, it only gets better. And i thought, no way, this is the best. This is magic. this is it. and it was.,yet it is. My heart is growing with you. We are so in love.

Dear Daegen,

WOW!!! one year ago I still can remeber the feelings I had when we were able to meet you for the first time. What lucky parents we are to be able to raise such a perfect , beautiful child from God. I had waited so long to be a mother that it felt surreal. I kept looking at your dad and he had a smile from ear to ear just beaming with joy. I had to keep pinching my self to see if this was really real. Us parents? really ? I thought that for the rest of my life we were just going to be an aunt and uncle to our family and friends kids. But on that cold December morning at 8:55 a.m. God entrusted us with you. I will be forever grateful to our loving heavenly father and to your wonderful selfless birth mother who wanted to give you more than she could give you at that time.
After you were born you were quickly admitted to the NCUI . I remember you had to get an IV put in your little hand, and how you held on to your daddys finger so tightly. Thats when I knew you would look up to your dada, and be a daddys boy. That has been the case as the year went on. You and your dad our insuperable. You can't go through a day with out saying dada over and over. I love watching you two play. Its how little boys are suppose to play with there dads. I just love it.
I remember a year ago when we brought you home. There is just something about a baby, how it makes life slow down and a little sweeter. The slow part only lasted for a month or two, then it went full speed ahead. And now were here at your one year mark. You still bring a different diminution to life. life is still sweeter with you and its full of curiosity, wobbly legs, truck sounds,flying food, apprehension, wet kisses, hugs, jabbers, scattered toys, and love lots of love.
i love you Daegen,
thank you for turning my world
upside down.
it's a better view from here.

7 comments:

Cardon Family said...

Holy cow! Where does the time go? I can't believe that he is already one! So sweet!

Beth Curtis said...

Happy birthday Daeg! we love you so much and couldn't imagine our big fam with out you! Am, Such a sweet letter, gave me goose bumps! Love you guys!

Krysta said...

That was the sweetest post ever. Made me cry. I was just pondering today about how much Adyson has grown up...already. Your words just said it all.

Happy Birthday Daegen!

Jo Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy! Beautiful post, you had me in tears reading about seeing him for the first time. He's so blessed to have you two as parents! Love the new hair cut and glad you guys got away, always needed and so nice! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

The Dunyons said...

I can't believe its already been one year! You always leave the sweetest notes on your blog, your little guy will love reading those one day. Amy, your amazing! you and brock are great parents. Hope everything is going well! Do you get to go to your parents for christmas this year?

Hillary Horman Photography said...

that's the sweetest letter. what a great mom you are. He is as lucky to have you as you are to have him. Sweet sweet family. love you guys!

Kuulei said...

You guys are amazing. Daeg, Happy 1st Birthday!!! That is so crazy.
I miss you & love you guys!