fab four

fab four

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Being self sufficient

Well, I had made this post awhile ago. I just had not had the time to post this. I've been trying to work on my adoption blog and all the agency online stuff that is so old school. I consider my self somewhat computer savvy, I HAVE A BLOG!!!:)
Well the other night I was feeling just like Martha Stewart. All day I cleaned my house and then I realized I didn't have dinner planed or ready and Brock was home. So I went out to my garden hoping things where growing. Lo and behold Everything was very fruitful. So I brought everything in and started skimming up what I was going to make. It turned out to be an amazing dinner. here are some pics.

I have always thought gardening was a little white trash. Even Brock admitted he hated gardens growing up. Where I grew up no one gardened. The only people that did were the people at my church that had 10 kids and they would can and do all sorts of stuff with it. But , my point is I feel very self sufficient doing it. When I go grocery shopping I buy mostly the organic produce. So by doing it this way I save a lot of money(for about three months out of the year), and I can just go in my garden and grab an onion and not have to rush to the store. I love it.

3 comments:

Valerie Plowman said...

It looks really good! In your spare time, I am still anxiously awaiting your cooking blog ;)

Ku'ulei said...

Look at you all Martha Stewart-like!! I wish I had the patience for gardening...I have a black thumb. I always kill stuff... :(
I bet the convenience of it all is GREAT though! And fresh and you know what's in it and where it came from!

Melissa said...

I love that you always thought that gardens are for big white trash families...I'm so glad that you have officially joined the club. You are so good about going green. I'm laughing so hard...that meal does really look good. I want to see pictures of your house inside and out because I know it's adorable...you wouldn't have it any other way. I have so excited for you guys to be approved for adopting!!! I can't wait!! Keep us posted on every detail