fab four

fab four

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

9 months


Dear Daegen,

September 2 you turned nine months old. You’re sprouting before our eyes. There is so much to say about you. Boy, you are learning more and more every day. Growing up so quick, making me laugh and making me proud.

I find myself in awe that you were once a snuggly baby on my chest, wrapped in a tiny bundle while I dangled toys or read to you. I once wondered what it'd be like for you to pick up things or smile at me. Now you see something across the room and scoot your way over without thinking twice. You smile at me and show me your adorable 2 pearly whites. You sit and scoot and sip from a sippy cup and jabber and smack your lips. You are one industrious lil boy; you love shuffling the books on the shelf, discovering computer cords, trash cans, TV remotes and shoes. you like to lay your head on my shoulder before naptime, sit cozy in my lap at story time and reach up for me to hold you. Just a few things I love about you.

You are one wonder baby; eating well and sleeping well. I love you for waking up early and being such a happy boy. I have found joy in watching you find joy in the simple things; like watching the ceiling fan go round and round.

I love your expressions; I love when you find your reflection in a mirror. You lean over and touch the mirror and giggle and slap your hand up and down. To you, a game of peek a boo is the best thing since sliced bread. You give me a hearty laugh, every time. And daddy only has to show his face for you to know that, that’s who you want to play with. Then he tosses you in the air and you laugh uncontrollably as he throws you on the bed.

Daegen thank you for the best 9 months of our lives. You have taught us what life is really about… the simple things in life. We love you daegy .

No comments: