fab four

fab four

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

thanksgiving weekend


Thanksgiving weekend started on Monday. I headed to Idaho with my parents to see my grandma in her last days. We of course hit a snow storm on the way there. Daegen got to walk in his first snow. He did live in Utah for a year but never really remembered the snow and he didn't walk while we lived there. Thats so weird to think about.
Then Thanksgiving morning Brock came to my Grandmas house to pick me up. He drove all though the night to get to spend thanksgiving with his family. He was such a trooper. The whole thanksgiving day I was on the verge of tears. Just saying good bye to my grandma for the last time was harder than I thought. But It was good to be back in Utah and see family.
Daegen Had a blast playing with cousins and the animals, but the best of all was grandpa's train set. He loved it. He would come grab your hand and pull you to the train set. The girls got to see the nut cracker. The funniest thing was my cute niece Noel told her mom that she could see the Snow kings bum, and then Rebecca asked her what her favorite part of the show was she said " the snow king" it was too funny, it made my weekend.
Of course in true Miller Miller style we left for Portland during a huge snow storm. The freeway was closed down and Brock thought that he would out smart the storm. So using the trusted GPS we took a highway that looked like it was going to hook us back on I 84 after the closure. It would have...but it was closed after about 25 miles heading into the middle of nowhere. Brock decided to try and go around the closure barricades, but after 3 miles, we were totally white washed we couldn't see if we were coming or going. Luckily there was a really humble motel close by and we got the last room. I was scared to go in the room because the motel looked scary. It was scary inside and cold. There was no heat just a little 1950's space heater. I have pics to show, but the people were very nice and invited us for dinner. They were a newly wed couple that were in there 70's. They were so nice and had humble means, but were so willing to give. What a great way to start off the holiday season.
Here are pics below.......


did not like the snow!!!
get me out of here!!!
We were right in front my grandparents neighborhood and we got stuck in a snow drift. As you can tell I could not even open the door.
it was really windy!!
Daegen checking things out with grandma.
Daegen and aunties at costco getting the thanksgiving feast.
Daegen and cousin emmett. With the train set.
with the animals down at the barn.
feeding the cow
in the barn, hanging with grandpa.
getting his toes tickled by grandpa.
playing cars with grandma.
D with grandpa and his train set.
the motel we had to wait out the storm in.
The TV that had mexican stations on. We couldn't change them because it was controlled by our neighbors.
see the little space heater. thats what kept us not frozen.
"new" drapes

some food that was left in the hotel. In case we were hungry.

No comments: