fab four

fab four

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Canada


Brocks sweet Grandmother passed away last week. So we did a marathon trip to Canada. We spent 14 hours to drive there and stayed 4 hours for the funeral and then turned around and drove 14 hours home. We made it a couples trip and left Daegen with my parents. We thought a 2 year old in the car for 28 straight hours equals not a good equation. Daegen got spoiled by his GG and PAPA so that made for a happy kid. Brock and I had some good bonding time and funny stories to tell.

We found this Motel around 2:30 in the morning it was looking really good . So we snatched up the last room. I'm just keeping warm by the "fire".
It was a trailer park that was made into hotel rooms. We could hear everything that are neighbors were doing.
Trailer park confirmed.
Then 3.5 hours later we drove less than a mile and found we had a lot of hotels to pick from. The Flamingo Motel was looking like a dumb choice as we drove down the street.
That morning was an amazing drive. It was so beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice.
Brock called it the smell of money and I called it the smell of stinky cow manure.
Brock and I with his Grandfather. He is such an awesome guy.
3 generations.
Brocks Grandparents house in Raymond
Main street in Raymond town.
This was for Daegen. Which he loved by the way. Their claim in the city of Sparwood, British Columbia was that this is the worlds' biggest truck.

2 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

leave it to you guys to stay at some random place like that. I LOVE it! I would not enjoy a 28 hr drive so I don't blame little Daegy.
p.s. when did your hair get so long!?

ambercarlson said...

I'm laughing about the "smell of money" Tyler says the same thing... Is Brock in development?

You look great BTW! Amber