fab four

fab four

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm pooped

literally I'm pooped. Daegen has had diarrhea for the past 5 days. And I have had to change a poopey diaper on the hour. He has developed a rash from all of this. I feel so bad because Daegen gets teary eyed when I have to change him. One of the first mornings I went to change him and I put some diaper cream on his bum and he was screaming like it hurt really bad. So I ran a bath set his bum in the warm water,  and you hear in thirty seconds this painful cry to a smiley laughing happy baby. So with in that week I called and talked to 2 different nurses and they gave me opposite advise. I was really confused. But nothing was helping any ways because the poop was still coming.

Its now may 2 and we took Daegen to the doctors. Brock found blood in his stool and we decided that this was enough and it wasn't going to get better any time soon. So we found out that he as colitis caused from the protein in dairy products including his formula (its also called cow's milk protein allergy). With that information came relief that we weren't hypocondratic(??) parents and it was easy to fix. But the easy to fix part is going to be expensive we have to switch our
 formula to formula that is double in price!!!! yeah Brock and I joke that we have a platinum baby. Everything about our children will cost a lot of money but there worth every penny.
 Through all this poop we have learned that Daegen likes to not wear pants.  But Brock says that he knew that all a long. Even today Daegen was fussing and I went to change his diaper and when that clean diaper came off he was happy so I left it off. Gross I know but he is a little boy I better get used to it. (notice the garbage bag he is under)

2 comments:

Cardon Family said...

haha...the garbage bag cracks me up! I am glad you figured out what was causing him to be sick. And it is soooo true....Boys will be boys! They would much rather run around naked or at least with one less layer than have clothes on. The second we get home from anything Tanner is taking his pants off and Jake usually follows! And I am pretty sure Doug would walk around naked if he could too!!

Rebecca said...

At least you can help the little lamb now. He is so darling.