fab four

fab four

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Morning of the legal day


Today I couldn't go back to sleep after Brock left at 6:00 am this morning. I was nerves and excited for today. Today is the day we make everything official in the Legal world. We get to take Daegen to court and we will be legally a family. It sounds weird, it is weird!!! Even for me the person that is going through it. Daegen to me is not my adopted child he just is my child. 
But as 7:00am rolled around Brock called and said that he is coming home to change his clothes,( because he is going into the office today for work instead of working in the rain on an open roof.) and wanted me to make him breakfast. So as I usually do I got up and made eggs with toast and oatmeal for Daegen. After he left I put Daegen down for his Morning Nap and I sat out side on my porch swing (Mothers day Swing) and sipped on my hot chocolate watching the rain. I love the Rain, I felt like I was at home (Oregon) It was cloudy so you couldn't see the Mountains and it was just pouring.

 I had lots of thoughts and Memories going through my head. I thought about in high school we all would wear Flip Flops in the rain it never crossed through my mind that it was raining "cover your toes." When I moved to Utah I think I still wore flip flops even in the Snow. Dumb thought I know, but those are the thoughts that were going through my head.
 Then I thought about today. I thought about 20 years from now what is Daegen going to think of all this. I hope he grows up knowing that we love him and we would do anything for him. I hope we teach him all that he needs to learn, to grow up to be the man his Dad is. I hope when he thinks of me he smiles, I hope when he talks of about me he gets all warm and Fuzzy inside because he knows that his mom loves him through and through. I hope when he thinks of his birth mom Megan he also gets warm and fuzzy inside knowing what she did for him. I just hope he is always happy and we can teach him how to look at life with a positive attitude the way we and his birth mom do. I hope he is  strong in the gospel and lives in a way that would be pleasing to god. I hope that he will go on a mission and  serve god and teach those that are waiting to hear about the gospel. I love this little guy and I know that he has and will be an example to a lot of people.  

3 comments:

Sherrie C said...

Hello again,
It's me Sherrie, and here I am again, checkin you all out and so glad I did. Deagen looks good in court - he may have to look into that. . . of course you all look good today!
I think I missed an e-mail from you today. I get so many "unfamiliar" e-mails at work and I think I deleted something from millertime. If you did send something, please send it again. I will watch for it and will respond. I'm so happy for you, so happy the legal issue is done. It's a good day, and more good days to come, I'm sure.
Amy, I have something so endearing to share. . . Megan's mom Lisa loves the rain - and loves to sit out on her front porch with hot chocolate! Now I know it's not that strange, but thought you'd like to know. I love my friend Lisa Jane, she is the best friend anyone could ask for, she is truly a one-of-a-kind gal.
Anyway, it was a treat to see you all again today, thanks for sharing!
-Sherrie

Tara said...

How exciting that all the legal stuff will be over. I can't believe how big he is. He is so cute!

Ashley Wood said...

I am so happy for you guys that you now are legally a family!! I loved what you wrote about Daegen! He will be all that you want him to be. How could he not with such great parents!! I am so happy that he is part of your family! I just love you guys!