fab four

fab four

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oct 16

So the last few days have been fun and busy. I found out that my team was the winner of a business simulation for my marketing class where our closing share value was up from $100.00 dollars in the beginning to $439.00 dollars by Quarter 14. Second place was nearly $100.00 dollars behind. To make it better we closed the simulation with nearly a quarter billion dollars in marketable securities and 10M. cash on hand. Wouldn't that be nice if only it was all real!
Amy and I got some dance instruction this week and picked up a real nice three step, charleston and country swing dance, which would actually have been helpful to have known last weekend at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar where we went dancing Friday night. Thats alright.
So this week in the evenings I have been building up our wood supply for the winter. Amy and I have this goal to cut our utilities dramatically and so only this week where night temps have been dropping into the mid 20's have we turned on the furnace. Hate to burn the wood though, but it is really cozy in our home to have the fire. In any case it's chainsaws and splitting axes for me in my spare time.

No comments: